Monday, November 24, 2008

what up what up what up

I think I am sufficiently buzzed enough to start writing this.

I am alone in my apt, sitting on my sumo chair on floor, watching "Lost In Translation". It's 9:45pm. I spent the first half of my day in my boss's office, watching him code Perl scripts to convert csv files into a format suitable for a mysql database. He raps at his keyboard at 100 miles an hour. Words come out of his mouth at a similar rate.

There is a legitimate basis for stereotypes. Sure, its politically incorrect to judge people based on race, but history and culture can have long lasting effects, even many generations later. Read the new book 'Outliers', by Malcolm Gladwell, and you'll see what I mean.

Why are so many computer science and programming jobs dominated by Indian nationals? It's not a coincidence.

My goal for December is to be as productive as possible without sacrificing my social life.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: